Valcan Ceramapanel are 8, 10 or 12mm compressed fibre cement cladding panels in through coloured or a painted finish.
Cost-effective to produce and easy to install, cement facades are particularly suited to modern commercial, residential and industrial buildings, where a natural façade is needed. They are able to conceal common structural materials and provide sound dampening benefits.
Benefits of Valcan Ceramapanel cladding panels
- Non-combustible – achieves A1 rating*
- CWCT tested
- Available as a complete cement cladding system with carrier
- Short lead times and fast installation timeframes
- Panels supplied pre-squared
- Long-lasting, low maintenance panels
- Panels can be finished off-site for easy and efficient installation
- High-strength and environmental durability
- Through coloured with a wide colour range & finishing options
- Sound dampening benefits
- Graffiti resistant when coated with acrylic treatment (Natural+ range)
*Difference between Valcan Ceramapanel A1 and A2
Valcan Ceramapanel as standard is available as A1 rated to BS EN 13501-1 which is non-combustible and the best choice for high rise projects worldwide, if your project can accept A2-s1, d0 rated which is limited combustibility, there is a cost-saving to be had by specifying Valcan Ceramapanel A2
To ensure the best installation is completed, we recommend the use of Valcan Vitrafix framing system and accessories – use of Valcan Vitrafix Centralising Tools will ensure that rivets are centred in the hole to allow for correct thermal movement and using the correct rivet Vitrafix Nose Piece Adapter for the rivets will prevent over-tightening of fixings – for more information on installation accessories, contact the team at Valcan
Ceramapanel 8mm, 10mm or 12mm panels are installed back to Vitrafix VF1 or Vitrafix VF2 carrier system and are then secured in place using colour matched rivets
Design and Installation
Design And Installation Of Fibre Cement Cladding Panels
Fibre cement cladding panels are easy to work with and provide a multitude of design options. We offer a range of natural finishes in standard colours (see technical information brochure). Our Natural colour range is the most popular choice available in 4 main finishes: 2 smooth-faced finishes, dimpled / shot-blasted and a grooved finish. These all help create a range of stone effects with natural nuances.
Cement façade panels are designed for high durability and with an easy fixing system. Valcan Ceramapanel is available with colour coded fixings from the Vitrafix range used for face fixing panels; either with rivets or pan head screws. Panels can be easily cut to form expressed joints. Valcan Ceramapanel is tested to BS EN 13501-1 for fire classification achieving A1 rating and has been tested to withstand extreme wind pressure under CWCT testing regimes
Our panels are designed to be simple to install and maintain and offer a long-lasting solution. They feature; visible or secret fix options, are available to cut to exact dimensions for precision installation, diverse Prefabrication options and the ability to replace individual panels easily.
Valcan Ceramapanel Ranges
A1 Natural Textures Raw
The Raw finish features a smooth sanded face that is ideal for clean, modern facades. There are a total of 13 colours available in the this range and the natural nuances of fibre cement are more apparent in this finish.
A1 Natural+ Textures Raw
The Natural+ Raw range consists of the same 13 through coloured boards as the Natural range however this is finished with an alkali-resistant varnish using a UV polymerizing system to make the sheets resistant to graffiti. This coating gives the colour a deeper, richer tone, and allows the panels to be cleaned more easily and maintained for many years.
A1 Natural Textures Sandblasted
The Sandblasted range features a smooth face with a mottled finish for a classic, slightly weathered finish. A selection of the Natural colour range are available with this surface finish applied
A1 Natural Textures Touch
The Touch range offers a ribboned effect giving the panels a subtle grooved finish and offers a great non-combustible alternative to timber facades. A selection of the Natural colour range are available with this surface finish applied
A1 Natural Textures Shot-sawn
Offers a lightly pitted surface giving depth and texture to the facade surface. A selection of the Natural colour range are available with this surface finish applied
A1 Natural Contour Groove
The panel features 2mm deep grooves spaced 20mm apart. Custom spacing is available according to design intent – contact Valcan for details. Thickness available is 10mm and 12mm. A selection of the Natural colour range are available with this surface finish applied
A1 Natural Contour Lines
Contour Lines features the same 2mm deep grooves spaced 160mm apart to give the appearance of planks. Panel is available in Raw and Touch surfaces. Available in 10mm and 12mm thicknesses. A selection of the Natural colour range are available with this surface finish applied
This Painted range consists of standard colours achieving A1 fire rating
This Painted range comes with an A2-s1, d0 fire rating and is available in a standard range or any colour of your choice. There are also textured options in this range of Painted colours available. Painted edges are available on these panels when cut at our factory
The printed range gives architects and designers the flair to have a fibre cement panel with any printed effect from stone and timber through to complete pictures. There are 6 standard finishes but endless customisable options available at your request
Valcan Ceramapanel comes in a total of 26 colours across two natural through-coloured ranges; the Natural range and the Natural+ range and is also available in a customised Painted RAL range:
- The Natural range resembles nature’s earth tones and has a much more natural stone-like appearance. The Natural colour range is available in the full textured finishes, RAW, Sandblasted, Shot-Sawn, Touch, Contour Groove and Contour Lines
- The Natural+ range used the same colours as the Natural range however this is finished with an alkali-resistant varnish using a UV polymerizing system to make the sheets resistant to graffiti. This coating gives the colour a deeper, richer tone and allows the panels to be cleaned more easily and maintained for many years.
- The Natural+ colour range is only available in the Textures Raw finish
View Valcan’s full product colour chart
The Valcan Ceramapanel range (like all fibre cement cladding products) absorbs a certain amount of moisture, on the Natural colour range the panels can ‘breathe’ through the face and rear of the boards and dry out. Valcan Ceramapanel Natural colours do not require any sealant applied to the cut/drilled edges after processing.
Valcan Ceramapanel Natural+ colours have a coating on the panels that resists graffiti, this coating also prevents moisture ingress and subsequent egress – it is important that once panels have been cut/drilled that Valcan Ceramapanel Edge Sealant is applied. The sealant is supplied free of charge with ordered material (1ltr/250m2 of 8mm), any additional sealant required is chargeable – this is a stocked item at Valcan. Feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.
Compressed Fibre Cement Cladding Key Features
A1 Rated Non-Combustible
Valcan Ceramapanel cladding systems are A1 rated non-combustible meaning there is no contribution to fire at any stage. This meets all cladding insurance and building requirements for all structures over 18m high.
The nature of fibre cement facades means that they are highly impact resistant, long-lasting and extremely strong. The finish requires little maintenance and can also be graffiti resistant with our Natural+ range.
Cement cladding panels are cost-effective compared to other materials with similar properties. As a result, we are also able to offer short lead times on the product in a range of colours and finishes. As an approximate guide, Valcan Ceramapanel is 10% more cost-effective than other fibre cement panels and around 15-20% more cost-effective than an aluminium system
Cladding Standard sizes are:
- Width(mm) 1220 or 1250 – custom widths available on request
- Length (mm) 2500 or 3050 – custom lengths are available on request
- Overall panel thickness 8mm, 10m or 12mm
- 8mm = 14.4kg/m2
- 10mm = 18kg/m2
- 12mm = 21.6kg/m2
- Delivery: Panels can be delivered across the UK and Europe. All panels are wrapped and packed on quality pallets and delivered via our own transport to ensure safe arrival.
Compressed Fibre Cement Cladding Case Studies
Cement Board Cladding Certifications
Our fibre cement cladding panels achieved the following certifications shown in the images below. Full details and downloads of all certifications are available in our Technical Centre here or at the bottom of this page.
Need more information?
If you want to find out more information about Valcan Ceramapanel, please feel free to reach out to a member of the Valcan team.
- VALCAN – Ceramapanel Technical Information (email) File Size: 7.31M | Last Updated: 14 April 2022
- Ceramapanel A1 – EN13501-1 Fire Classification Report File Size: 143.21K | Last Updated: 15 April 2020
- NBS_ValcanLtd_DrndAndBackVntltdRnscrnCladSym_Ceramapanel_8mm-RivetFix_Revit File Size: 1.33M | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-CeramapanelRivetFix File Size: 268.59K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-CeramapanelSecretFix File Size: 267.62K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- R20933 – Ceramapanel Wind Test File Size: 4.88M | Last Updated: 23 July 2021
- SF Valcan – Ceramapanel – EPD Rev01 File Size: 513.33K | Last Updated: 9 August 2021
- CERAMAPANEL SECRET FIX File Size: 1.97M | Last Updated: 23 November 2021
- CERAMAPANEL RIVET FIX File Size: 2.47M | Last Updated: 3 February 2022
- CERAMAPANEL European Techical Assessment File Size: 4.46M | Last Updated: 23 May 2022
The surface of Valcan Ceramapanel may show variations in tone, appearance and coloured spots/flecks which adds to the natural aesthetics of the material. The porosity of Valcan Ceramapanel allows the panel’s appearance to change with wet weather conditions and when dried out return to the original colour/tone. Each panel is naturally unique and it is recommended that over large projects, panels are mixed from pallets. For more information on Valcan products please download the brochures below, contact us directly here or on 01278 428 245 or order samples here.