Aluminium Composite Panels
Aluminium composite panels are lightweight cladding panels ideal for external facades and fasciae. Vitrabond panels are specifically designed to improve aesthetic appeal of buildings thanks to their enhanced forming and installation options.
Vitra Composite Panel Range
Our core product Vitrabond consists of a fire rated (FR) or limited combustibility (A2) core enclosed between two aluminium skins. This simple concept offers an incredible strength to weight ratio, stability, high weather resistance, outstanding surface flatness and high workability. Well established in the market, Vitrabond is recognised by Architects, Builders and Installers as the superior cladding panel solution. With our large stock levels, unlimited colour range, and our continual product development, we are readily available to meet your requirements. Order a Sample Today or read more about the product and the Valcan Service.
The Valcan Service
We offer a complete service to the end user. We offer panels, delivery and fabrication through our nationwide distribution network. As a company whose prerequisite is your satisfaction, we offer our cut-to-size and special colour services to make installation of your metal cladding systems quick and easy for all parties involved in the project. With the available option of an FR or A2 core Vitrabond is designed to make it simpler and more effective for you.
Triplets Marketing Suite – Aluminium
The Triplets Marketing Suite is part of the three old gasholder buildings that have been converted into stunning apartments. The idyllic river setting surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city made this a highly sought after location. The architects Wilkinson Eyre opted for Sparkling Grey Metallic Valcan panelling to create this iconic, modern design.
With the use of Vitrabond on many prestigious projects globally through our factories in Australia, North America and the United Kingdom, our products are chosen by architects and designers as the ideal composite façade. Please see the Vitrabond project gallery.
Why Vitrabond Aluminium Composite Panels?
Vitrabond Aluminium Composite Panels offer a wide range of advantages over similar products especially high pressure laminates. BENEFITS OF A VITRABOND FAÇADE:
- Cost effective – Vitrabond aluminium composite panels are cost effective with low installation costs.
- Easy Installation – With a wide range of fixing options, exceptional formability and lightweight materials our products are a breeze to install.
- Low maintenance – Thanks to the single sheet finishes available our composite panels are easy to maintain, dirt and dust resistant and retain their sheen and colour for years even with constant exposure to direct sunlight.
- Robust durability & Lightweight – A 3mm thickness sheet of Vitrabond weighs just 4.6kg per square metre. This makes our composite panels amongst the lightest available.
|FR CORE||A2 CORE|
- Unlimited colour range available – We offer over 60 standard colours and offer an unlimited colour range and colour matching so that you can match your project image or company branding exactly.
- High stock levels and quick lead times – We hold large stock levels at all times and can custom make panels to various sizes in a market leading timeframe.
- 20 Year warranty available! – Our products come with a 20-year warranty subject to installation and maintenance guidelines being met.
- Range of Finishes – Our aluminium composite panels are also available in a range of specialty finishes, including:
- VITRABOND/ZN – Zinc Composite Material (ZCM)
- VITRABOND/CU – Copper Composite Material (CCM)
- VITRABOND/SS – Stainless Steel Composite Material (SSCM)
- VITRABOND/EZ – Ersatze pattern finished aluminium to imitate a variety of natural metals at a fraction of the cost
- Versatility and formability – Unlike high pressure laminates aluminium composite panels can be fabricated extensively. This allows you to create clean and stylised finishes to any building. Our panel structure means that you can mould, cut and shape material without damaging the strength or integrity of the product. You can continue facades round corners or over edges without the need of additional, expensive, profiles.
Valcan panels are suitable for:
- Punching Perforating
- Drilling Folding
- CNC Routing
Our panels can be cut with a wall-saw, circular saw, band saw or jigsaw on-site or through our distribution networks.
Our composite panels can be drilled with centre point twist drills suitable for aluminium and plastics or machines common for metals. Drill material required: High-Speed Steel (HSS)
Composite panels can be glued using metal adhesives and/or double sided VHB tape. There is low adhesion to the plastic core.
Composite panelling can be punched in the same way as solid aluminium sheeting using a range of dies and sharp tools. It is easy to cut various shapes, sizes and a slight roll down can occur.
Using a commercial guillotine and padded blanking tools we can use panels can be cut effectively with shearing, also sometimes creating a slight roll down on the edge.
Aluminium composite panelling can be roll bent to create exceptional building finishes. Using a roll bending machine with polished rollers allows you to create an aesthetically pleasing facade.
Our panels can be cut with jigsaws, copy routers, CNC machines and with water jets.
Routing and Folding
Our panelling range can be cold shaped meaning that you can create various shapes, styles and sizes. Grooves can be routered onto the back of each panel allowing you to create fold lines. When routing we leave a thin base line to allow for maximum fold strength. Panels can be folded along these grooves to create clean finishes.
You can use solid or blind rivets with standard installation equipment to attach our panels to your chosen structural fixing.
You can bend our panels using a brake press or folding table. Bending radius is roughly ten times panel thickness. When bending use protective foils and be sure to test on sample panels (which we can provide).
Attaching Composite Panels
Composite panelling can be screwed using a variety of traditional wood or metal screws. When used outside make allowances for natural thermal expansion.
Edging and Cornering Our Panels offer superior edging and finishing possibilities thanks to this increased formability. Options include;
This allows you to create immaculate building finishes and increased style.
Panel Composition and Creation Process
- Peel off Protective Film
- Clear Coating
- PVDF Coloured Coating
- Primer Coating
- 0.5mm Aluminium Skin
- 3mm organic mineral, inorganic mineral or aluminium core
- 0.5mm Aluminium Skin
- Polyester Anti-Corrosion Coating
Premier Inn, Brentford – RSC
This large project needed to stand out in the local area, reflect corporate branding but also be warm and inviting. The architects decided to use Vitrabond to create a warm rich metallic feel on two external sides and then to create a patterned natural colour scheme to contrast this with. The result is a warm and inviting building – perfect for a hotel company.
Ceramapanel – Fibre Cement Concrete Cladding Panels
Our Ceramapanel fibre cement cladding panels are a cost effective cladding solution available in a range of natural finishes and our full colour range. Find out more today.