Benefits of Vitrafix
- Non-combustible – Under the European Directive
- Lightweight – Vitrafix is incredibly rigid and lightweight and is therefore also easy to install.
- Versatile – Vitrafix has a standard range of brackets but can be offered in custom sizes to suit your specific requirements.
- High Durability – Vitrafix uses highly durable grades of aluminium for peace of mind and longevity.
- Cost Effective – Vitrafix is a cost-effective solution for facade installation.
- Project specific calculations – the Vitrafix system comes with project specific details where and when required.
- Coated profiles – when required rails can be coated to ‘black out’ joints.
The VF1 system uses helping hand/L brackets installed against the wall and then aluminium L/T profiles - each bracket has an adjustment range of 30mm and from smallest to larges bracket, the range s 102-250mm. For larger cavities, VF1 can be combined with the VF2 system. VF1 system is used where insulation is required externally and pa nels are to be installed as face fixed or cassette panels.
The VF2 system comprises of top-hats and Z angles formed from aluminium or steel depending on project requirements. The VF2 profiles as standard are 15-50mm. VF2 is used where a facade has no requirement for external insulation with face fixed or cassette panels or when the helping hand brackets do not line up with SFS studs within the wall.
The VF3 system uses horizontal C channel rails and brackets attached to a VF1 or VF2 sub carrier frame and is suitable for fibre cement, stone or laminate type products. The C brackets are attached to the rear of the panel using undercut anchors, these brackets then attach to the C channel rail and are fixed into place. The VF3 range is 30mm ontop of the VF1 or VF2 system depth.
The VF4 system uses horizontal C channel rails and brackets and uses the VF1 or VF2 sub frame systems similar to the VF3 system however the brackets are attached to aluminium panels either by stud welding or structurally bonding. The VF44 range is 30mm ontop of the VF1 or VF2 system depth.
The VF5 system is designed for projects where a floor spanning system is required, each project is worked on a job-by-job basis, each bracket and profile is unique to the job. The VF5 system is suited to face fixed and cassette panel systems and can also be used as a sub carrier for the VF3 and VF4 systems.
Standard Sizes are:
- VF1 brackets are available as standard in 100mm, 140mm, 180mm, 200mm and 220mm options giving adjustment range from 100-250mm
- VF1 rails are available as 100x50mm T rails and 50x50mm L rails – these can be coated to black out joints as required. Rail length is 3m or 6m.
- VF2 profiles are available as standard in 15mm to 50mm depths and 3m lengths.
- VF3 C channels are available in lengths of 3m or 6m and brackets available for a wide range of undercut fixings. Rails can be coloured to black out joints as required.
- VF4 C channels are available in lengths of 3m or 6m and brackets available for a wide range of undercut fixings. Rails can be coloured to black out joints as required.
- VF4 system is a custom system on a project by project basis.
Vitrafix colour matched fixings
Valcan offer a full range of colour matched fixings for installation of VitraDual, Ceramapanel and Vitrabond panels in both rivet and discrete fix
Non-Combustible and Weather Tested System
Vitrafix is deemed as non-combustible under the European Directive and has also tested within Valcan’s BS8414 tests with Vitrabond/A2 and VitraDual – all tests are compliant to BR135 requirements.
Vitrafix has also been successfully tested to CWCT standards at a safety loading of 3600pa with Vitrabond/A2 and VitraDual panel systems.
VitraDual gives the insurers, architects, contractors and building owners peace of mind on product specification.
- VITRAFIX – Brochure File Size: 4.97M | Last Updated: 3 May 2020
- Vitrafix Bracket Details – PDF + DWG File Size: 278.73K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- NBS_ValcanLtd_DrndAndBackVntltdRnscrnCladSym_Vitrafix_VF1_Revit File Size: 2.23M | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrafixVF5 File Size: 256.23K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrafixVF1 File Size: 256.70K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrafixVF3 File Size: 259.13K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020