Vitrabond consists of two aluminium or other natural metal cover sheets, enclosing an A2 rated core. This simple concept gives it a wide variety of advantages for both Architects and Installers. It is stable, yet readily mouldable, extremely weather resistant, and very easy to install.
Well established in the market, Vitrabond is recognised by Architects, Builders and Installers as the superior composite panel cladding solution. With our huge stock levels, unlimited colour range, and our continual product development, we are readily available to meet your requirements. As a company whose prerequisite is your satisfaction, we offer our cut-to-size and special colour services to make installation of your metal cladding systems quick and easy for all parties involved in the project.
With the use of Vitrabond on many prestigious projects across the United Kingdom, Europe Australia and North America, it is chosen by architects and designers as the rainscreen façade of choice.
Benefits of Vitrabond Facade Systems:
- Limited Combustible – Achieves A2-s1, d0 Rating to BS EN 13501-1
- Cost effective
- Low maintenance
- Available as a complete rainscreen façade system with carrier
- Robust durability & Lightweight
- Unlimited colour range available
- Easily machinable to create different architectural styles
- High stock levels and quick lead times
- 20 Year warranty available!
Design and Installation
Design and Installation
We are able to supply a full-colour matching solution for any design brief and have short lead times for all projects. Vitrabond offers an incomparable range of designing options thanks to its versatility and workability. The panels can be machine cut, roll-bended, folded, routed and perforated without loss of structural integrity. This makes it easy to create the right visual feel to any project.
Vitrabond panels are designed for high durability and for easy fixing within our own carrier systems. Panels are available with colour coded fixings from the Vitrafix range. The panels can be easily machined on or off site.
Vitrabond has been tested to following standards:
- CWCT wind load testing with safety pressure of 3600pa in both face fixed rivet and cassette panels
- BS EN 13501-1 achieving A2-s1, d0
- BS8414 parts 1 and 2, meeting the requirements of BR135
- BBA accredited
Our panels are design for easy installation and maintenance. They feature; visible or discrete fixing options, can be pre-cut to exact dimensions and come with a wide array of prefabrication options.
We provide an extensive and complete range of standard colours and can provide custom colours for exact branding matches. Vitrabond cladding systems can match colours to your corporate branding or to the deign flair of the architect. Vitrabond can also be matched to timber finishes giving you a compliant, A2 rated wood look-a-like facade
Panels can be machined, rolled, folded and remain easily attachable. This means you can easily reflect your branding and create powerful visual, easily recognisable facades.
View Valcan’s full product colour chart here
Vitrabond rainscreen cladding panels comprise two metal sheets with mineral filled polymer or mineral filled core (A2) available. Composite panels are available in standard or custom sizes.
Standard sizes are:
- Width(mm) 1000*, 1250* or 1500*, 1750 and 2000mm *Standard
- Length (mm) 3200 or 4000 – custom lengths are available from 1000-6000mm
- Core 3 mm (on a 4mm panel)
- Overall panel thickness 3mm, 4mm (Standard) or 6mm
- Weight: 4mm A2 panel = 8.3kg/m2
- Delivery: Panels can be delivered across the UK and Europe. All panels are wrapped and packed on quality pallets and delivered via our own transport to ensure safe arrival.
Fire Tested and Weather Tested Systems
Vitrabond/A2 has undergone CWCT weather testing to wind load safety of 3600pa as well as several BS8414 system tests to both parts 1 and 2 satisfying the requirements of BR135 certification. The panel has also been tested to BS EN 13501-1 achieving A2-s1, d0 meeting the requirements of the Approved Document B for high rise buildings in the UK.
|BS EN 13501-1|
|BS8414 / BR135|
|Pass / Compliant|
Vitrabond has acceptable durability and can be expected to have a service life in excess of 30 years (see section 10 of BBA Certification 12/4901) For more information regarding installation and maintenance please refer to our technical brochures, available below.
Cladding system maintenance is simple and cost effective. An annual* cleaning regime is recommended using soapy water or a pressure hose. Annual maintenance inspections should be carried out to check that features such as panels, flashing and seals are in place and ancillary fixings are secure. Damaged panels can be replaced on an individual basis without compromising structure integrity.
*Depending on location, some buildings particularly those in areas of high pollution, may need a wash down more often.
Vitrabond has achieved the following certifications. Full details and downloads of all certifications are available on our resources page here and at the bottom of this page.
To view more case studies, visit out projects page here
- Vitrabond A2 – EN13501-1 Classification report File Size: 93.35K | Last Updated: 11 May 2020
- VITRABOND A2 Brochure – 2019 File Size: 6.44M | Last Updated: 11 May 2020
- Vitrabond FR + A2 BBA – 12.4901. File Size: 1.11M | Last Updated: 1 June 2020
- Vitrabond Rivet Fix – PDF + DWG File Size: 3.09M | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- Vitrabond Cassette Fix – PDF + DWG File Size: 1.36M | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrabondA2VitraDualHookOn File Size: 264.88K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrabondA2VitraDualFlatHookOn File Size: 264.91K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrabondA2VitraDualCassetteFix File Size: 266.61K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- valcanltd-VitrabondA2VitraDualRivetFix File Size: 266.92K | Last Updated: 2 June 2020
- NBS_ValcanLtd_DrndAndBackVntltdRnscrnCladSym_Vitrabond_Revit File Size: 1.76M | Last Updated: 2 June 2020